Monday, 20 February 2012

King of the DIRTY DIRTY DUBSTEP.


And a wub wub here...and a
wub wub there...

You may love him. You may hate him. You may disagree with his 80’s style haircut, odd look and post-hardcore past, but sweet Christ if ever there was a step by step “How to become a dirty dubstep God” feature in the world of How to’s…Skrillex is definitely staking a claim to author being one of the fastest rising names in the world of dubstep (and planet gofockeennuts).

I recently had the pleasure of seeing the epic wave that Skrillex has created and basked in the ‘WHATTATHEFUCK’ is this? Normally my personal taste doesn’t delve into the world of laptop generated sound and ‘one man and his beatbox lyrics’ that Radio 1 so happily spits out each and everyday (yes you, Fearne ‘I would be fit if not for the face’ Cotton), but when I listened to the sound that passed through my speakers the first time I listened to Skrillex, the drop in First of the Year (Equinox) was so massive, so epic, so huge that it unfortunately killed my dog…and I don’t even own a dog.

After this experience I wanted to learn more in the ways of the dirty dirty dubstep, and heard more of Skrillex’s creations. This infatuation grew and so when the opportunity came to see him live, Valentine’s Day no less (I applaud every non-loved up couple there), I could not pass up. The sound is indescribable. The set so outrageous, you feel like you’re having an outrageous trip on the biggest pile of drugs you could muster together -insert Whitney Houston joke here-. I suggest every one of you reading this to ride the fattest, juiciest wave of music out there at the moment. Your senses will be literally dry humping your brain so bad you’ll be shooting rainbows out your arse…

At this point you’re probably thinking ‘this Lads talking horseshit’. And you would be correct to an extent but so would you if you had 140 decibels performing the reach around on your eardrums for 2 hours straight with no breaks. At 22, Skrillex, real name Sonny Moore, is carving a career that looks extremely bright, playing daily shows across the globe to hundreds of people, mind-fucking each one of them, one by one. To sum it up, this was a comment on one of his YouTube videos
“The last time something dropped this hard, Japan surrendered…”

Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment